FYI

All comments are sent to the moderator (Mary Beaudin) first before being posted. Don't be dismayed if your comment doesn't show up right away. I am just making sure comments are for public consumption. I am not censoring anyone, just being careful.

Thursday, March 8, 2018

If you don't agree with me, I will still talk to you. You do, however, need to be nice.




-->
-->
            The letter we received today from the selectman candidate blew me away. It turns out that wanting to have a discussion about the pros and cons of a vital town function, fire protection, is representing a special interest group. It turns out that vowing to communicate openly and honestly with the townspeople in order to make an informed decision is a lofty, impossible campaign promise.
            Well, knock me down with a feather!
            Call me crazy, but I think if the select board wanted to serve all the people, I think they would welcome discussion on the things that impact us. We have all been impacted greatly by the increase in taxes.  I would love to know why the town has kept an “unassigned” fund balance of almost $400,000 while our taxes went up such a large percentage.  Why wasn’t that money used to offset taxes? The total town budget is just a little over that amount.
            The only way to change what is happening in town is to change the people that are running it.
            On a side note, I am glad I live on Jockey Hill because I still wave and say hello and often stop to talk to my neighbors.


No comments:

Post a Comment